Saturday 15 June 2013

The Camel Trail - Padstow to Wadebridge

Another walk we did whilst in Cornwall was a 5 mile stretch of The Camel Trail from Padstow to Wadebridge, following the route of the old disused railway line running parallel with the Camel Estuary.

The Camel Trail


I appreciate I've featured several walks recently on the blog, so please, do let me know if you're thinking "oh no, not another load of pictures from a walk"
Believe me, they won't feature that often as I'm not actually a huge fan of long strenuous walks!
But anyway, back to the route in hand...

The Camel Trail
 The start of the trail just outside Padstow


The Camel Trail
 A view over towards Padstow Bay


The Camel Trail
 Refreshements halfway along the trail provided by the lovely Dougal from Treats on Trikes!


The Camel Trail
Can you tell it was a railway line...?

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely loving these posts! I'm visiting the U.K. in about a month and we're planning on doing a few nice walks, so this is getting me all excited! We're not going to Cornwall, but to Cranbrook (which is Kent, if I'm not mistaken) but I can imagine it'll be just as lovely! Or so I hope at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, glad to hear it! Kent is one place I've never been to, it's supposed to be really nice and I'd love to visit Margate (another faded seaside resourt like Blackpool!). Make sure you take lots of pictures :-) x

      Delete
  2. Oh you've just brought back some lovely memories for me. The Camel Trail was the first bike ride I did with my bike and I adored it - so easy and scenic and calm and varied. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definately a lovely trail - gorgeous views and a fairly easy calm walk. A cup of hot tea from the lovely Dougal was an added bonus as well! :-) x

      Delete
  3. I am off to Cornwall next week and I *think* we we are heading along the Camel trail too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, have fun! The bit between Padstow and Wadebrige is lovely and filled with flowers along the way :-)
      If you go to Padstow, I can throughly recommend The Chough Bakery and their Chicken, Bacon, Leek and Cheese pasty - delicious! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...