Saturday 18 May 2013

Day 18 - Best Friends

Day 18 of rosalilium’s 'blog every day in May' challenge
Best Friends
(Who are your best friends and what makes them special?)

Definition of friend: noun
person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations
Defintion of best friend: noun
Best Friends are very special people in your life. They are the first people you think about when you make plans. They are the first people you go to when you need someone to talk to. You will phone them up just to talk about nothing, or the most important things in your life. When you’re sad they will try their hardest to cheer you up. They give the best hugs in the world! They are the shoulder to cry on, because you know that they truly care about you. In most cases they would take a bullet for you, coz it would be too painful to watch you get hurt.

I hope I'm fairly safe in saying that I have lots of friends, in the most basic sense of the word - I seem to know a lot of people who I would stop and chat to in the street.
At school I had a group of 8 close friends with two special best friends, all of whom have sadly fallen by the wayside going our separate ways as adults.
Using the Urban Dictionary definition above though, I do have one friend who fits the description perfectly.
I would class her as my best friend, even though I know she has several other best friends.
She's more warm-hearted and intelligent that she'll ever realise.
She shares my secrets and dreams, picks me up when I'm down and laughs with me when I'm up.
I know this isn't a particularly great picture of her - it was taken last summer when we shared a fabulous road trip to Cornwall to see the amazing Tim Minchin in concert at the Eden Project. One of the street entertainers at Eden made her indulge in some crazy linked-leg dancing and I couldn't grab my phone quick enough to take a decent picture.
But it think it goes a little way to summing up how much fun we had that weekend.
Best friend M at the Eden Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...