Monday 27 October 2014

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...

 
Attempting - a little bit of crochet (not very successfully though); I got as far as doing one small line of foundation stitch, then concluded I needed to spend a lot of time watching crochet tutorials on YouTube and that for the moment, knitting is far easier!
 
 
 Wondering - what knitted items all of my family would like for Christmas?
 
 
Discovering - the tunes of Bristol-based Balkan band, Sheelanagig. I think my workplace hosted a gig by them last year so I kind of vaguely knew about them already but never actually clicked onto Spotify and listened to their music. They're pretty good!
 
 
Erecting - a large plank of wood alongside the edge of the house which eventually will become part of Andrew's lorryport. I think he's hoping to start the proper building work this weekend.
 
Side of house
 
 
Guesting - over at Jane's blog, Is That You Darling with a ramble through the books of my childhood.
 
 
Counting - down the days til Thursday which is when I'm back at our local hospital's Fracture Clinic to be x-rayed and if my ankle's healed, have the cast taken off - both an exciting and scary prospect. I've also had to inject myself with Delteparin every day for the last 6 weeks (to prevent blood clots) so fingers crossed I won't need to be doing that anymore after Thursday either!
(I probably should add in a disclaimer: most people don't need to do it for the whole time but because I was already taking a high level of oestrogen drugs (ready for our frozen embryo transfer treatment) that apparently means you're more at risk of blood clots hence the 6 weeks of jabs - all fun and games eh?)
 
 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that Andrew's lorry will soon have its very own house :) My weekend was super lazy- I did a few chores, then sat on the sofa for hours on end watching TV and eating too many sweet treats. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'd like to hear that band!!! I loved a band called Paprika Balkanicus so am sure I'd like it!! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...