Monday 13 October 2014

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...
 
 
Watching - Kneehigh Theatre's Dead Dog show at the Bristol Old Vic on Friday night (you're probably fed up of me mentioning them by now). I'd had the tickets booked since the summer; front row of the dress circle for me, Andrew and my two friends, M and C from work. The Bristol Old Vic staff were fabulous though; with one quick phone call me and Andrew changed our seats to the wheelchair spaces in the dress circle and we even had what I assume was the House Manager come over and make sure we were okay. And to finish, I got a ride in their wheelchair lift which was great fun!
 
My broken ankle watching a show at the Bristol Old Vic
 
 
 
Enjoying - the fact that whenever Kneehigh roll into town, the Bristol Old Vic always lay on a pic 'n' mix sweet counter so you can snaffle while you're watching the show. Naturally we filled up a large container with everything on offer.
 
Sweets at the Bristol Old Vic
 
 
 
Participating - in Jane's photo an hour challenge for October. Round up to follow tomorrow!
 
 
 
Knitting - (or attempting to knit) a scarf following some apparently easy instructions on the back of a packet of wool from B&M. I was a bit slow to start and had to unpick it 4 times but it's getting there now.
 
Scarf knitting
 
 
 
Catching - up on some TV programmes. We managed to get through BBC3's 'Cuckoo' series, last Friday's 'Have I Got News For You' and a couple of episodes of 'Our Zoo' (which I have to say is shaping up to be a darn fine programme!).
 
 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Your scarf is coming on a real treat, already longer then the one I've been casually attempting for the last 2 years hehe.
    Look forward to reading your photo an hour challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed with your knitting! I tried knitting once, but got confused about changing rows. It is something I would love to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf looks lovely so far. I can't do knitting, but I did start making a crochet shawl this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a full house this weekend, with six friends staying over from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning, drinking home brew and eating curry. Then two more on Sunday morning for brunch. We spent the rest of Sunday watching movies and sprawled on the sofa nursing our very full stomachs :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...