Monday 20 October 2014

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...
 
 
Enjoying - a theatre show at the Rondo Theatre in Bath on Friday night. It was called 'Elizabeth I: Virgin on the Ridiculous' and was a great comedy romp through Elizabeth's life by Living Spit Theatre Company, one group who are well worth seeing if you get the chance. We even got given front row seats so I could prop my leg up and most of the front row audience seemed dead impressed that I'd come fully prepared!

Rondo Theatre front row seat
 
 
 
Smiling - after the show when the two actors (Howard Coggins and Stu McLoughlin) plus Tristan Sturrock (of Theatre Damfino, Kneehigh and Bristol Old Vic fame) stopped me on the way out and asked what on earth I'd done. We then had a little bit of a mini chat which ended with them commiserating on what a stupid way it was to break an ankle and wishing me all the best for the future. I smiled all the way home!

 
 
Watching - the entries at Taunton Carnival on Saturday night. The clock is ticking now down to the big one on 1st November in Bridgwater...

Taunton carnival
 
 
 
Staying - at a Travelodge overnight in Taunton so we could have a day out at the West Somerset Railway on Sunday. We were given a wheelchair-friendly accessible room complete with a fabulous wet room, perfect for having a decent shower and not getting my plaster cast wet.
 

 
Travelling - on the trains at the West Somerset Railway. We used some Tesco Clubcard vouchers and took a trip from Bishops Lydeard to Minehead and back again. The staff were great, helping load me and the wheelchair into the guards van and then I hopped along to a comfy seat for the rest of the journey.

Riding on the West Somerset Railway
 
 
 
Discovering - a brilliant little vintage shop and tea rooms in Minehead high street - Sally's Vintage Chic. We stopped off for tea and cake and were very impressed with the service, chattiness and my amazing hot chocolate!

Hot Chocolate at Sally's Vintage Chic tea rooms, Minehead

 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Oh that hot chocolate!!!! I am salivating. The these sounds great and it is so nice the actors chatted to you like that!!
    The railway sounds fantastic! I'd love to go on it. Likewise see the Taunton carnival.
    My weekend was brilliant!! I helped out a friend by doing craft things for her wedding, we are fish finger sandwiches, did a bit of charity shopping, played my flute at a church cabaret evening then attended a 7 hour drum making workshop which was Amazing though knackering on the hands!! It was a truly special experience and I can't wait to play my drum once the skin has completely dried out! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you aren't letting your broken ankle get you down, out and about having fun - go you! Also, that hot chocolate looks amazing!

    Our weekend was a typical one which mostly consists of family time which is always nice.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool post! That hot cuppa with the frothing marshmallows at the end made me froth at the mouth LOL

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see/hear you're still getting out and about. That hot chocolate is immense. My Aunt and Uncle actually live in Minehead- next time I visit I'm definitely going to track down that tearoom. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow to the Hot Chocolate! Its good that you are still having lots of adventures despite your poorly foot.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY, that hot chocolate!!!! <3

    I'm still unsure how you ended up with your leg in plaster...maybe I need to be searching your archive posts & finding out...if I don't find out, I'll be tweeting you (just a warning in advance!) :P :)

    sounds like you had a pretty good weekend! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...