Sunday 12 October 2014

An A-Z of Me - J





Jukeboxes - It's probably more of a hobby of Andrew's rather than mine but we both do like jukeboxes. It all started back in the 1950's when his dad ended up supplying them to local youth clubs; by the time everyone was fed up with them in the 1970's Andrew's dad just simply had them all back. Consequently Andrew grew up tinkering with a load of them, taking them apart and looking at the wiring and engineering plus listening to all the cool 1950's and 1960's tunes.
We currently have the one in the (not very good) picture above in our dining room (it's a 'Ami E 120' 1953 Jukebox if you're interested) but I think we might be exchanging it for a slightly better one at some point as well as adding another one into a different corner of our house. In addition to the actual machines themselves, you also have to store the records so we also have two boxes of 45's stashed in a cupboard!


Jeans - Another one of those things you hate as a child and then end up liking when you grow up; I didn't even own a pair of jeans until I was 17 and it was only really when I went to university that I ended up living in them (jeans and a t-shirt or slouchy jumper, that was the dress code). It's kind of gone full circle again now though as I hardly ever wear them nowadays; most of them time you can find me in black tights and a dress!


 
What 'J' things sum you up?


For the rest of the alphabet click here!

3 comments:

  1. Does the jukebox work? That is pretty epic, must make your dinner parties uber fun!
    I can't think of many J words, other than jelly. Which I don't really like! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to own a jukebox one day, they always look so fun! I guess my J word would be J or Joe - he's a keeper he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jukebox is awesome! Hmm... my j's are probably Judy Blume (whose novels totally sorted my pre-teen concerns), jumpers (I have far too many novelty jumpers for a person with only one torso) and jewellery- the tackier and plasticky-er the better. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...