Wednesday 13 November 2013

Day 13 - World Kindness Day

Day 13 of Rosalilium's blog every day in November challenge
World Kindness Day
(Be kind to someone. Reach out. Be creative about how you interpret this topic.)


Today I took inspiration from the lovely Josie over at Tales From The Finch's Beak and stuck up several of these around my workplace. I've seen a few of them up in Edinburgh during the Fringe and also at Glastonbury Festival but I've never been the one actually putting them up before.

I think it's the little things that make a difference, practising random acts of kindness can be as simple or as complicated as you like.

 Things like...
Holding the door open for someone
Letting someone pull out in front of you when you're driving
Giving up your seat on a train for someone older
Making someone a cup of tea
Saying 'morning' to a stranger

Kindness
Source: Random Acts of Kindness Foundation


If we all tried to do something little every now and again, I think the world would be a much better place.

2 comments:

  1. Great poster you've put up! I'd love to put on up too someday, just need to find the right spot! One of my friends once hung one similar to yours (but with 'Take a smile' and smiley faces on the bottom) in her student building and they were gone within two days! Did you already take a sneak-peak to see if someone already took a compliment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I checked the next morning and there were only a few left :-)
      You should definitely put one up somewhere if you get a chance, I overheard quite afew people in my workplace saying what a fab idea it was! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...