Monday 11 November 2013

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...
 
 
 Enjoying - Weston Super Mare Carnival on Friday night and North Petherton Carnival on Saturday night. Weston Super Mare has a bit of a strange procession - there's a couple of places in the route where the Carnival floats have to turn 180 degrees and double back on themselves, which means you get the strange view of two or more floats heading in opposite directions. I've tried to show it a bit in the pics below, not sure if it really shows it though!

Weston Super Mare Carnival

Weston Super Mare Carnival



Photographing - a day in the life of me on Saturday 9th November, part of Janey from Is That You Darling's photo an hour challenge.



Sheltering - from the rain at North Petherton Carnival, the first one this year where it's rained non-stop all throughout the procession!

North Petherton Carnival



Wallpapering - one of our bedrooms, the same one Andrew demolished a cupboard in a few weeks ago. We've finally purchased the paper, one plain type for three walls and some bird print wallpaper for the chimney breast. I'll keep you updated and do a room tour when it's all done!

Bedroom refurbishment


 
What did you get up to at the weekend?
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend other than the weather--does your love of ducks extend as far as the rain? ;)

    This weekend I went to Cake International in Brum, met up with some cakey friends, then came back to Bristol for a friend's bonfire party. The super-cold weather seems to have encouraged my cold to ramp up a gear so I spent Sunday napping when Dave was awake and vice versa. Rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep I don't mind the rain (so long as I'm wearing the right clothes!) :-)

      I've seen lots of people go to Cake International, it looks like it was a fab event - I hope there was a lot of tastings! :-) x

      Delete
    2. Brace yourself...there were no tastings!! The only food I was offered was by a bloke trying to hawk his flavoured oils. I was offered a blob of orange-flavoured royal icing on a stick.

      Clearly Wedding Fairs are the place to go if you actually want to eat cake. I was a bit gutted, especially as I'd skipped breakfast in anticipation of Cake!

      Delete
    3. What, no freebies! That's definitely not on :-)
      Think if I went to a wedding fair, I'd look a bit conspicuous wearing my wedding ring! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...