Saturday 31 August 2013

August Happiness

Five things which have made me smile this month...
 
 
1. Great Dorset Steam Fair - all the rides, all the stalls, all the history and all the friends.

Fairground organ at Great Dorset Steam Fair

 
 2. Taking my brother on lots of exciting fairground rides at Carters Steam Fair in Bath.

Riding the Chair-o-planes at Carters Steam Fair

 
3. A little Scottie dog shortbread on the train!

Scottie dog shortbread on the train
 
 
4. Some great shows at Edinburgh Fringe Festival - Josh Widdicombe, Marcus Brigstocke and Andrew Maxwell had me in stitches.

Pleasance Courtyard totem pole
 
 
5. My beautiful bird necklace made by the talented Claire from Claireabellemakes.

Bird necklace
 
 
 
What little things have made you happy this month?
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a Scottie dog shortbread for years. And I'm ashamed to say that I've driven past Carter's Steam Fair for years without ever considering going in. It's good, then, I take it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carters Steam Fair is definitely worth visiting, lots of old fairground rides and lots of vintage transport. They tour round the South of England for most of the year, not sure where they are at the moment but it should say on their website :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...