Wednesday 10 December 2014

Here Is The News #23


Here is the News



Blogland Brilliance

Kathleen received a fantastic proposal in the Big Apple.

Leona's gorgeous woof, Rex celebrated his fourth birthday.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who keeps lists of everything they've ever given everyone - Liz does it too!

Kerri posted some extracts from the spam comments she's received, some are hilarious and some are just bizarre!



Exciting Events

Jane's Photo an Hour Challenge takes places this weekend on Sunday. I'll be joining in posting my photos on Instagram using the hashtag #photoanhour - feel free to join in as well, the more, the merrier!

It's also Save the Children's annual Christmas Jumper Day on Friday. Last year at work I managed to raise over £200 selling festive cakes; this year I'm not in work but I'll still be wearing my reindeer dress and donating some money on the day. If you're still looking for some last minute crafty jumper ideas, pop over to Jen's blog for some top tips.

(and can I just sneak in, it's my birthday on Saturday! Although I'm not sure 32 deserves an exclamation mark...)



Festive Inspiration

I love Sally's postage stamp frames - a thoroughly excellent idea!

Jen made some very chocolately rocky road.

Need some quick DIY ideas? Freya May has compiled 10 easy presents you could make before the big day.

Erin made some fab little fabric tree decorations and a festive bunting necklace. I'm no good at jewellery making but if you're someone who is, the necklace would make a lovely gift.

Juliet used candy canes to make a Christmas garland and Ruth used them to make a star-shaped decoration.

Over at Eight and Sixteen, they used twine to make a rustic bauble.

Alice made Christmas biscuits and came up with the excellent idea of turning a gingerbread cutter upside down to make a reindeer head - so simple, yet so brilliant!

And lastly, Fern the horse as a reindeer - just because!



Blogs I've followed this week...

Through Tasha's Camera

Cassy Fry



What's new with you?
 
 
(ps. did I mention it's my birthday this weekend?)

4 comments:

  1. I love these posts, I always find someone new to follow and catch up on some good news that might have been lost in my ever-growing Bloglovin' backlog! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always loves these! Especially the festive inspiration this week because my holiday cheer is not very prominent yet. Some DIYs should help!

    And yey for following Natasha's blog! :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link :) I'm glad it's not just me who is obsessive about lists! Happy birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for yesterday! Hope you had a nice day!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...