Tuesday 13 May 2014

#BEDM Day 13 - Fashion, Beauty and Grooming


Day 13 of Rosalilium’s 'Blog Every Day in May' Challenge


Dear Vaseline

How does one start a thank you note to a petroleum based product?

Well let's just say, my lips don't know where they'd be without you - back in the day when I was a young teenager with all sorts of cracking and chapping going on, I didn't know what to do, they got ever so sore in the winter months.
Then one day, one of the girls at school passed round her little blue tin (I know, very unhygienic) and my life truly changed forever.

It's getting on for 20 years now since I found you and you've been by my side through all the boyfriends, lipsticks and wintery days.
I've even managed to convince Andrew that he needs some of the slippery stuff on his lips too.

If you took a nosy through my house, you'd find yourself in almost every room - I have a blue one in the kitchen, a blue one in the living room, a blue one in the car, a green one in my bedside table, a pink one at work and there's always, always, always a traditional blue one in my handbag.

And that's not even including the spare green and brown ones I keep in the bathroom for when you run out (which you never ever seem to do, you're a bit like Mary Poppins' handbag) as well as the huge tub me and Andrew use...

Vaseline


...to keep our curtain tracks well-greased.



So thank you, Vaseline, from the bottom of my well-oiled lips.


Yours forever,
 

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha - I was intrigued to find out what came after the photograph :p I don't use Vaseline enough; my lips are terrible because I always forget to moisturise. That said, Tom hates the feeling of Vaseline on his lips and mine, so I think he'd prefer me with cracked lips than petroleum-y ones. Odd. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always lose them but vaseline is a gift from the lip gods!
    M x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...