Sunday 18 May 2014

52 Lists - Moments I Will Always Remember

Jeez, there's lots of lots of moments I will always remember - where on earth do I start!?

 
52 Lists - Moments I Will Always Remember



Here's a few...


Aged 2 years and 10 months - visiting my brother in hospital just after the was born.

Aged 15 years and 11 months - seeing the musical Rent for the first time and falling in love with everything about it.

Aged 16 years and 8 months - beating my predicted GCSE results, especially in English Literature (A*!) and telling my English teacher (who had predicted me an A), 'I told you so!'.

Aged 18 years and 8 months - managing to stumble upon the red carpet premiere of Moulin Rouge in London's Leicester Square and getting to shake hands with Ewan McGregor.

Aged 19 years and 9 months - coming up out of the subway station at 34th Street in New York and being amazed by the skyscrapers and lights.

Aged 21 years and 9 months - peforming on a Carnival float for the first time and getting such a buzz from the music, laughter and audience reaction.

Aged 21 years and 11 months - parking up in a little car park for our first date and seeing Andrew stood on the side of the road waiting for me to arrive.

Aged 24 years and 4 months - seeing Andrew stood at the end of the church aisle waiting for me to swan up beside him to start the rest of our lives together.

Aged 26 years and 8 months - having our offer accepted on the house we wanted to make our home for the next 30+ years.

Aged 29 years and 5 months - being offered a place to study for a Masters degree in Librarianship with Aberystwyth University.

Aged 30 years and 2 days - skating (well, more like falling) hand in hand with Andrew round the ice rink at Somerset House in London after a fabulous 30th birthday weekend seeing Matilda the Musical at the Cambridge Theatre.



And I hope there's many more happy moments to come!
 
This post is part of Ema's (Made in Hunters) 52 Lists Project
For a full list of all the other lovely bloggy people taking part, visit Scarlett's site (WorkRestPlayLove) for a nosy!

8 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you remember seeing your brother for the first time! I don't, and I was 3 1/4 at the time. I do remember that there was a thunder storm the night he was born, though...

    You've got some lovely memories there, Lou, and I'm sure there'll be many more to come! Love your wedding picture, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Angela, I think it must've been just such a shock when he was born (he was premature, in an incubator and I must've picked up on the fact that something was wrong) that I can just about remember it! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Love this. I especially love that you went to Aberystwyth University. Me too!!!

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made an absolutely gorgeous bride - ever put the dress on? For ironing and stuff....no, me neither.
    Beautiful list Lou
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I have thought about putting it on since the big day - mainly just to see if I still fit into it! :-) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so impressed you can remember so many points in your life and how old you were. It would take me a lot of counting-on-fingers to work those things out :p xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I did do a bit of working out to see how many months it was! I knew when each one was, then I just had to add in how old I was! :-) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...