Sunday 25 May 2014

52 Lists - Your Favourite Blogs

This week's prompt is difficult really, I enjoy reading lots and lots of blogs!

So in order to cheat and include as many as possible, I'm going to include my 'five ones to watch in 2014' list and my 'five gems which deserve more followers' list.

The first blog I ever started reading properly was El's blog, A Thrifty Mrs which I found after she starred on Channel 4's Superscrimpers several years ago. Even though I'd started a LiveJournal back in 2004 (thankfully long since deleted), I'd not really done anything with it and only really dipped into reading blogs occassionally.

It was when I got myself sorted with a Bloglovin account though, that I really got into browsing, commenting and then eventually starting this little slice of t'interweb.


So, going right back to the beginning, here are a few of my early favourites (all of which I still read now!)...


 A Rosie Outlook
A Rosie Outlook Blog
Well, for starters I think Rosie can pretty much blog about anything and put a positive spin on it, she lives by the seaside, has gorgeous outfits and the coolest tattoos you'll ever see. I always enjoy reading her posts and she's introduced me to several new blogs over the last few years (Alice's Cup and Saucer blog being one of them!).


Rosalilium
Rosalilium Blog
I think Elizabeth was the second person I started to follow properly, I loved her car boot finds, outfits and very cool lifestyle. I can testify to the fact she's also a really lovely person, the amount of effort she put into organising Blognix last year (and this year, I'm sure) was just phenomenal.


Kat Got The CreamKat Got The Cream Blog
Kat was the first blogger I ever properly met in real life and also the first blogger I ever had the courage to go up to and say "hey, aren't you...?". I loved reading her tales of exploring and thrifting in Yorkshire and when I saw her at Blognix, I spent the morning plucking up the courage to say hello and yep, she was utterly lovely and gave a newbie blogger like myself lots of useful tips and advice.


Mathilde Heart Manech
Mathilde Heart Manech Blog
I discovered Lisa's blog through Kat's and her Monday morning "positive things to do this week" list always puts a smile on my face (even if I don't complete them all!). Just like Kat, she always seems to discover excellent little places and things to do up in Yorkshire - next time I'm on holiday there, I already have a long list of tips thanks to both Lisa and Kat!


Floral and Feather
 Floral and Feather Blog
 I'm not sure how I stumbled across Zoe's blog but with a gorgeous little bird and a name like 'Floral and Feather', how could I not follow her? Zoe blogs about all my favourite things - baking, crafting, thrifting and exploring - and only last week, she had a day at a Duck Race!



What are some of your favourite blogs?
 

This post is part of Ema's (Made in Hunters) 52 Lists Project
For a full list of all the other lovely bloggy people taking part, visit Scarlett's site (WorkRestPlayLove) for a nosy!

5 comments:

  1. Hurrah - some lovely new blogs to follow! A positive list of things to do each week sounds lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! I love the ideas she comes up with each week :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. I often wonder how there could possibly be any blogs that I have yet to discover...but there are! Thank you for bringing them to my attention!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Michelle, hope you enjoy them! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry it's taken me a while to comment on this but i just wanted to say thank you for your lovely words. I remember that day well at Blognix and I'm so glad you came up to talk to me (I was feeling a little shy too) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...