Tuesday 27 May 2014

This (Long) Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...

 
 
Exhibiting - Andrew's lorry at Selwood Steam Rally over the weekend. We had a weekend of sunshine and showers; I managed to take a few pictures of the exhibits but realised when I got home, I'd taken no shots of his actual lorry!
 
Vintage Cars at Selwood Steam Rally

Vintage Cars at Selwood Steam Rally
 
 
 
Winning - a bra in a raffle (which is not really as dodgy as it sounds, although it's probably pretty close). A last minute invite from my friend M on Friday evening saw me heading into Bath for a Bluebella party (their tagline is 'Lingerie and Love Stuff') and one of the prizes in the raffle was this gorgeous bra, I appeared to be the only one there who was the right size and luckily I won it!

Bluebella Bra
 
 
  
Stumbling - upon a 1940s vintage tea shop at the steam rally. Delicious cake and proper tea served in china cups (click here for more cake pics). As the Python sketch goes, "well, I never expected that!"
 
1940s Vintage Tea Shop at Selwood Steam Rally
 
 
 
Browsing - opposite the steam rally is a car boot sale that's open Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays. So we popped over the road to have a look round each day - not too successful though (I think the weather put a lot of people off), the sum total of our purchases was two cardigans, one skirt and some radius gauges (some kind of engineering tools, I'm told...).
 
 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Looks a fun weekend :) I love all the cool stuff you get up to at weekends, makes mine look so dull! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie! I never thought my weekends were that interesting until I started this little piece of the web, then I realised just how much we actually do! :-) x

      Delete
  2. That cake looks delicious! Sadly we missed out on car booting this weekend because we were unsure about the weather (we've got a truckload of random loft junk to sell and wanted to make sure there were plenty of people there), but we did lots of gardening and I painted the inside of the porch. I also did some crafting (which I've just blogged about) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep meaning to do a car boot but haven't yet actually got round to sorting out all the stuff for it! With the weather being so changeable, we never know whether to plan to go out to one or not! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. That car is gorgeous! Moving to Detroit, i've found a new appreciation for classic cars, what with Detroit being the home of the Model T and all thing automotive there's so many beautiful cars around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a gorgeous colour! Perfect for photographing :-) x

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm, tea and cake sounds good!! I'll have some of that please! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...