Monday 12 May 2014

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...


Visiting - Carters Steam Fair in Pinkneys Green near Maidenhead. We go there every year, mainly because as well as all the vintage vehicles and fabulous fairground rides, Carters are also joined by several showman's engines for the weekend.

Carters Steam Fair Gallopers



Sheltering - from the rain at the fair!

Carters Steam Fair in the rain

 


Baking - a sultana cake to take along with us on Saturday for our day out.

Sultana Cake



Spotting - a rainbow through the stormy showers!

Rainbow



Storing - stuff, lots of. We popped out to our local Home Bargains and B&M on Sunday and nabbed some pretty storage boxes for all our newly organised paperwork and household bills.

Pretty storage boxes
 
 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Shame about the rain - I hope you still managed to enjoy your day out! I love me some sultana cake but I haven't had a slice in so long, might have to find me self a recipe! I can't say my weekend was very eventful, work related stuff and had a couple of walks, otherwise was rather lazy and played vinyl records!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still good fun, at one point it was just raining so hard it was almost comical! Walks and listening to vinyl sounds like a good weekend! :-) x

      Delete
  2. Ah, you can tell it's British Summer time when it rains at a fair! At least you got to see a lovely rainbow though :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we wouldn't be living in the UK if it didn't rain! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a good, ableit wet, weekend. I would have loved a ride on one of those carousel horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good fun, bit damp though that day! :-) x

      Delete
  4. I saw a rainbow and some gallopers over the last two weekends too. That sultana cake looks delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good couple of weekends then! :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful horses! I love the old, painted carousel horses. The rain was awful, wasn't it? I had to hang up my jeans in the shower at the hotel so that they could dry overnight! Soaked to the bone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was just torrential at times! Fingers crossed we get some brighter weather the rest of the summer :-) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...