Monday 5 May 2014

#BEDM Day 5 - Cinco de Mayo


Day 5 of Rosalilium’s 'Blog Every Day in May' Challenge

Not too sure what to write about this one - Wikipedia tells me that Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride but other than an Old El Paso recipe post, I'm a bit stuck!

We have however, just finished watching the final series of Ugly Betty which features my favourite Mexican-turned-American family.

We actually started watching the series when it was first shown on Channel 4 back in 2007 and yep, we've only just watched the final episode, 7 years later - through a combination of library rentals, repeats on TV, storing things on the hard drive and a LoveFilm account!

That's how behind we get with our TV programmes...


So, fellow BEDM-ers, what did you write about for today's theme?
And has anyone out there taken longer than 7 years to watch a whole TV series?

12 comments:

  1. YES I just started watching 24 last night haha... Have never seen Ugly Betty either. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 is another series we've never got round to watching! There's so many good series we really need to rent :-) x

      Delete
  2. Heh. I am still on s2 of 24. I just cannot get past the Annoying Wife and Even More Annoying Daughter. The only reason I made it through s1 was waiting to see if they got shot!

    Oh, and LOST. It took us about eight years to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I didnt get on so well with 24 for the same reasons. Although I did catch ep 1 of the latest series, looked a bit action packed and random but watchable!
      M x

      Delete
    2. Angela - we've only got as far as the first episode of Lost (which we did actually watch when it was broadcast), yet another show it'll take us ages to watch! :-) xx

      Delete
    3. Michelle - I've heard such good things about 24 but as of yet, I've seen none of it! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's some pretty impressive viewing! I stopped watching Ugly Betty and I'm not sure why...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the second series went a bit downhill but it did get better in the third and fourth ones - and with a lovely heart-warming conclusion :-) x

      Delete
  4. Woah I can't believe Ugly Betty started 7 years ago! I started watching it and loved it but I never watched the final season due to lack of TV. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, it's definitely worth watching - all the storylines are wrapped up neatly and it has a fab ending! :-) x

      Delete
  5. I never got into Ugly Betty at all but I do love the girl in it, she might have rocked up in the Good Wife recently. Was that her? Maybe! I think my Cinco de Mayo post was my goats cheese muffins...oh so mexican!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, the Good Wife is yet another series we seem to have missed! Who cares whether Goats Cheese Muffins are Mexican or not - cheesy muffins are good any day of the year! :-) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...