Monday 5 May 2014

So...Can You Stay Happy for 100 Days?

So that's it, 100 days of happiness photographed and instagrammed from 11th January to 20th April 2014. I certainly enjoyed it although there were several days where I just didn't know what to take a picture of.
 
The biggest thing I've learned from the whole experience is that so many of the little things which make you happy are things which can't be photographed - a silly phone call, a song on the radio or just something you see for a split second.

Interestingly, I've also learnt that an awfully large amount of my happiness derives from food - not sure if that's worrying or not really...
 
 
For all you graphic-nerds out there, here's some pictorial stats for you...

A Slice of Happiness Pie Chart

Apart from my appalling pie-chart skills (which I don't think have been used since I left school in '99), what do you reckon? Can I get away with calling my masterpiece, 'A Slice of Happiness'...?

  
Anyway, have any of you done/are doing/planning to do the 100 Happy Days challenge?
Leave me your links if you are!
And more importantly, what's making you happy right now?
 

16 comments:

  1. Okay, I love your pie chart! And I think it's especially apt since lots of your happiness has come from food (which I personally have zero issues with). I remember your leaky pie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you know, I didn't even put two and two together - but of course, a "pie" chart! Love it :-) x

      Delete
  2. Mine would be at least 80% food, so I don't think you should be worried just yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, that's good to know! :-) There's just so much good food out there that naturally it takes up a large amount! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. More blog posts need pie charts haha! I somewhat do a 365 photos a day thing, when I remember, its mainly made up of food and pictures of vinyl I will be honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of that - food and vinyl are definitely happy things! :-) x

      Delete
  4. I love the pie chart! I think food would make up a huge chunk of mine too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just started my 100 happy days - am on day 15. I understand what you mean about it being the little things which can't necessarily be photographed!

    Love your blog and am now following you.

    Eileen @ In My Playroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Eileen! Good luck with the other 85 days! :-) x

      Delete
  6. I'm just going to blurt out my honesty here. I did try it. And failed. Being so time consumed with my final thesis at this moment, there's just nothing that's worthy of photographing that makes me happy. Sure, there are loads of little things that are making me happy. Like you said, little phone calls, a song on the radio or even the beautiful weather. But when you're indoors all day, there's no fun in taking pictures of that. So instead, I'm just keeping a written journal now :) It suits my life at this moment waaaay better and I can still keep track.
    But I applaud you for taking pictures on 100 consecutive days! I've been there with my 365 project, it's damn hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always another time or year to have a go - and anyway it shouldn't feel like a chore. I think your studies are much more important (and anyway, when you graduate with a fantastic degree, that's one very very happy thing!) :-) xx

      Delete
  7. The pie chart is majestic!!!
    I think that's the message of this really isn't it? That there are a gazillion little things each and ever day that make us smile and we should be clinging onto those. Some days the little things are all we have. Have loved nosing at your happy little instances.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Michelle. I may well do another 100 Happy Days sometime in the autumn (mainly so I can take numerous pictures of carnival floats...) :-) xx

      Delete
  8. Love the pie chart!!! I would say 30% of my happiness comes from food. 40% from Tom, and 30% from media (blogs, books, TV, music). Oh, wait, I forgot dinosaurs!! I'll have to do a recount :p xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely dinosaurs would have to make up a large amount!? They are pretty awesome though :-) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...