Monday 25 November 2013

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...
 
Celebrating - the 30th birthday of our local library. It's where I was a library assistant for 5 and half years and I was invited back for the birthday shenanigans (all very sedate, of course).
There was cake, tea and books - perfect!
 
Library Birthday
 
 
 
Enjoying - the first Saturday night we've had at home doing nothing since the end of April!
 
 
 
Watching - a performance of Rent in Concert at the Bristol Hippodrome. I first saw the musical 15 years ago in 1998 and since then have seen it 16 times (and on two continents). I've seen quite a few different musicals but Rent is my absolute favourite.
 
Rent Concert Poster
 
 
 
Baking - a chocolate Ferrero Roche cake for my lovely friend M's birthday. I did the baking and Andrew did the plastering decorating.

Decorating a chocolate cake
 
 
 
Wrapping - M's birthday present, my blogger book swap package and my bloggers secret santa package.
 
Birthday presents


 
What did you get up to at the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun weekend although it's always nice to have a Saturday night in for a change. Our weekend was filled with sushi and trying to avoid the crazy Thanksgiving food shopping mayhem that people are doing here already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is nice to have a night in every so often (although it did feel strange!). I imagine Thanksgiving shopping is just as manic as the last weekend before Christmas over here! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...