Sunday 10 November 2013

Day 10 - Something Different

Day 10 of Rosalilium's blog every day in November challenge
Something Different
(Blog about something completely out of your comfort zone. Maybe you're a Food Blogger so write about a beauty product. Or if you're a Parent Blogger maybe write about a Tech gadget? If you're a Craft Blogger maybe write about fashion?)


This is quite a difficult one really - as a kind of lifestyle blogger I could (if I wanted to) blog about anything at all.
If I had the time, I'd like to do more crafty things and when I started blogging I wanted to feature an outfit every now and then but that doesn't happen as often as it should.

The one thing I don't post about though is beauty; I've never considered myself beautiful and I certainly don't claim to be any sort of expert when it comes to make up and beauty products.
I've suffered with spots for half my life, when I was younger I took antibiotics which helped but the fertility drugs I'm taking now have made them worse again. So my beauty regime mainly consists of making myself look passble for a day out or at work. I might add in a slightly brighter eyeshadow or lipstick for a night out but that's as far as it goes. For someone who isn't really into make up, I do own rather a lot of nail polishes though!

Nail Polishes



Anyway, my basic daily morning make up currently consists of:

Avon Be Joyful Eau de Toilette
Avon Hydra-radiance Day Cream
Calvin Klein Cream Eyeshadow in Cashmere Plum (picked up in Poundland!)
Benefit Pore Perfector (free with a magazine last year)
Avon Ideal Flawless Cream to Powder Foundation in Nude
Avon Super Enchant Black Mascara
Virgin Vie Highlighter (a very old product which was unopened and I'd completely forgotten about!)
Avon Ideal Flawless Concealer in Fair
Either: Avon Lipstick in Nude Perfection (on the left) or Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick in Frozen Rose (on the right)

Make Up


There's a lot of Avon products beacuse I happen to be a "ding dong Avon calling" lady, although I actually only sell to my friends and family.
I don't tend to stick to one product either, when something runs out, I'll try another scent or colour.
If I'm given something for Christmas or my birthday, I'll use that instead - I'm completely flexible! :-)


What does your beauty regime consist of?
Any recommendations for cool make up products?


8 comments:

  1. My beauty routine consists of cleanser and moisturiser (when I remember). I am so NOT a beauty girl. I wear tinted lip balm in the winter, but that's purely because I bought it by mistake :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm sure I own quite a few items which, looking back, were most definitely mistakes - at one point I had a turquoise mascara! I don't think I wore it much though (at least, I hope I didn't!) :-) x

      Delete
  2. My beauty routine is completely and utterly non-existent. Very occasionally I take a Simple face wipe to the mush (and that's normally if I've tripped over them on the floor!)
    Heard great things about Avon stuff though and you always look lovely! Nice to see a different post - do you think you'll do any more beauty posts?
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Michelle!
      I wasn't planning on doing any more beauty things, it just doesn't feel "me" (if that's the right way to describe it). I think maybe a nail polish review or design is probably about as far as it'll go :-) x

      Thanks veru much for saying

      Delete
  3. Hello!!! Wow, you have lots of nail varnishes! My current blog post explains my 'routine' but I do the 3 step thing really! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, yes, I didn't really realise how many I had until I though I'd pull them out to take a picture! Possibly I need a nail varnish cull... :-) x

      Delete
  4. I'm the worst when it comes to beauty. I absolutely love nail polish, but can't wear it due to work. I used to have a 'morning routine' when it comes to make-up, but eversince I started at my internship and have to get up so early, I'd rather sleep a bit more than be fully covered in make-up. My skin improved a lot lately though, so that's a big plus for the non-make-up department!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's exactly how I feel about all of it! I plan my work outfit the night before and my hair and make up routine are fairly quick and basic - anything to get a few more minutes in bed! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...