Monday 23 September 2013

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...

 
Queuing - to see The Greatest Dog Show on Earth exhibition housing all 80 (plus one extra) Gromits from the Bristol's brilliant Gromit Unleashed trail. It took us 3 hours and 20 minutes but it was well worth it.

Gromit Unleashed queue



Studying - well I had to make the most of those 3 hours somehow!

Gromit Unleashed - studying in the queue




Enjoying - all the Gromits, housed together in one big happy kennel.
I did a post about it yesterday (which can be found here)

Gromit Unleashed exhibition

Gromit Unleashed exhibition




Thrifting (and Eating!) - on the way back from Bristol we stopped off at our local "lazy" (2pm start) car boot sale for spot of thrifting and a delicious slice of cake from the tea caravan.

Tea and cake at a car boot sale




Demolishing - part of one of our bedrooms; a cupboard which used to house our old boiler (before it decided to conk out on Christmas day morning last year). The room looks so much bigger now and on top of that, I get to browse for paint and wallpaper!

Bedroom cupboard demolished
The obligatory before, during and after shots...




Watching - Frome Carnival, part of South West England's annual Carnival season.
This is now pretty much a part of almost every weekend until the 16th November; I'm going to write a post all about it in early October (for anyone who doesn't already know about our spectacular illuminated Carnivals) but I'm sure by November you'll all be completely bored by it.

Frome carnival procession



What did you get up to at the weekend?
 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice chilled weekend. I went for a long run on Saturday and then chilled with friends on Saturday night. Sunday I didn't even leave the house - bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a cool weekend! I really must get back into learning to run; I started the Couch to 5K back in August but steam rallies and Uni work got in the way so I'm not very far in. I think I need to start again from scratch! :-) x

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of a lazy car boot. None of that early morning nonsense! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely much better than the crack of dawn ones! :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Dave really, really wants to demolish the built-in wardrobe in our bedroom which looks rather like your cupboard. I'm not sure where he thinks our clothes are going to go...

    One day I really must get along to one of the Somerset carnivals...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes Andrew's been on about changing our bedroom around with a smaller wardrobe but I have the same problem!

      Also, there's still plenty of Carnivals left this year with the really big ones in November if you fancy visiting one. I'll do a post all about it next week :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...