Tuesday 3 September 2013

A Bear on His Travels

Hello, I'm Omnibear!
 
Bath Omnibear
 
 
I'm the mascot of the staff society where Duck works and I'm an international travelling bear. I even have my own Twitter account at @BathOmnibear although I could do with a few more followers (I tell you, even @BathUniDuck has more followers than me!)
 
Last week I tagged along with Duck and Mr Duck to visit the famous Great Dorset Steam Fair. They managed to wangle me an exhibitors pass and I've never been before, so I thought I'd see what it was all about...and boy, was it huge!
 
There were gleaming steam engines as far as the eye could see, a massive fairground with some really cool rides (a few of them looked too scary for a small bear though) and hundreds and hundreds of people. It was a good job I had Duck to look after me, I think I might have got lost otherwise!
 
My little legs carried me all over the site and I posed for lots of pictures so I thought I'd show you all my holiday snaps...
 
Bath Omnibear
Clunk click, every trip...
 
 
Bath Omnibear
What do you think of my lovely bracelet?
 
 
Bath Omnibear
Apparently this ^^ was a hot water bottle - I wondered why he wasn't talking!
 
 
Bath Omnibear
It was a big show, I didn't know what to see first!
 
 
Bath Omnibear
This is Mr Duck's vintage lorry - I think I've made it more attractive!
 
 
Bath Omnibear
I managed to find a small spot on one of the showman's engines for a rest...
 
 
Bath Omnibear
I even found a pefect bear-sized seat!


Bath Omnibear
I found Fred Dibnah's famous engine (it's been on TV you know) - I'm practically posing with a celebrity!
 

Bath Omnibear
I tried my paw at polishing some brass...
 

Bath Omnibear
Everything got a lot busier when the show opened, it was hard to find my seat
(some other bear had usually nicked it!) 


Bath Omnibear
But I managed to sneak in under the fence to get a prime view of the engine action
(don't show this to the organisers of the show though, it was supposed to be 'no bears allowed'!)
 
 
Bath Omnibear
I don't know what this picture is doing here, it's not me... no, no, no - it's my twin brother, okay?
 

Bath Omnibear
This is me though, with another furry friend I found inside Mr Duck's lorry 


Bath Omnibear
When I was there, I thought I'd better swot up on my new found knowledge of engines
 

Bath Omnibear
I couldn't believe the amount of engines - there were hundreds of them! All in steam!
 
 
Bath Omnibear
Well, I don't think the owners of The Carousel Bar noticed...
 

Bath Omnibear
I was getting a bit tired by the end of each day, so I hitched a ride with Mr Duck
 
 
Bath Omnibear
I only wanted to win a friend!
 

Bath Omnibear
Now, I liked these dancing girls on stage - they were really fit, I mean, the routines were very engergetic
(well, what else did you think I meant?)


Bath Omnibear
I spent a bit of time listening to the tunes on this old fairground organ.
 

Bath Omnibear
This ride was scary, far too big for a little bear like me...
 

Bath Omnibear
I would've liked to win something but my luck had run out!
 

Bath Omnibear
Finally, a ride I could go on - the old fashioned Skid ride...
 

Bath Omnibear
I had to hold on tight, the ride went very fast but I didn't fall off!
 

Bath Omnibear
I hopped onto the Big Wheel as well, I had a great view of the engines and fairground!
 

Bath Omnibear
And I finished the night off at the Somerset Cider Bus, they did small pints, just the right size for a bear 


Bath Omnibear
It was a great show!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What an adventure you had, Omnibear! You seem to have fine taste in cider--I love the cider bus that you found! Everything is gorgeously bright, colourful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very tired by the end of it! But the cider helped ease the sleepiness... x

      Delete
  2. Seems like you had such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I had lots and lots of fun and I'm looking forward to going back next year if I can! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...