Tuesday 10 September 2013

Steam in a Field

Like the majority of the population, I do like a good celebration or party. Given that a lot of our friends are either involved in the Somerset Carnival season or in steam rally world, a lot of the parties we get invited to are well...slightly unusual.
 
Like the birthday party in a back garden involving a full size fairground ark, vintage penny arcade, steam engines and a set of dodgems.
 
Or the wedding where guests were asked to dress in old Carnival costumes.
 
And the secret 70th birthday party me, Andrew and my sister in law organised for my father in law where we had 150-200 guests suprising him at a fairground museum on Devon, over 100 miles from where we live.
 
Last Saturday was one such party - a golden wedding anniversary party with steam engines, music and a hog roast. Andrew took his lorry along for the party and about 100 or so people enjoyed the entertainment.

Golden anniversary balloons


If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen some of the pictures I uploaded during the day but if not, here's my day in Instagram shots...

Steam party
 Steam party
Steam party
 
Steam party


Not an instagram pic, but this was the view when we left the party...

Steam party
 

4 comments:

  1. Those kind of parties are surely kind of unusual, but they really look like a load of fun! Thanks for uploading your Instagram photos again, being a non-Instagram-owner I liked seeing these on here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It was a good day, I kept snapping pictures and was really pleased with how the instagram pictures turned out :-) x

      Delete
  2. I love that last picture of the vehicles. They all look like they're having a nice chinwag.

    Parties like these always look so fabulous, and far more comfortable and relaxed than a glitzy cocktail party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'd not noticed that but you're right, it does look like they're all enjoying themselves! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...