Friday 27 September 2013

The Bloggers Summer Swap

Back in July I signed up for the lovely Rhiannon's Bloggers Summer Swap. Rhiannon blogs over at The Sparkly Panda (go check out her blog, she covers all sorts of fab things!) and thought a summer-themed swap would be a good idea to keep the sunshine-y feeling lasting that little bit longer into September.
 
We were all instructed to aim to post our packages in the first week of September and mine popped onto my doorstep midweek.
 
 
It was a brilliant DIY bunting kit from Hannah over at Dainty and Ivory and she'd included some lovely little bits like 'handmade' labels and a dolphin wind chime.
 
Bloggers Summer Swap
 
 
She'd spotted on my '32 Before 32' list that I wanted to make some bunting for my conservatory and thought that would do nicely - and she's completely right! :-) I'm looking forward to putting together my bunting over the winter and then I can hang it up ready for Spring and Summer next year.
 
 
 
I was paired with Georgina from Working Welsh and my package to her was a bright and cheerful box of summer sunshine. I scouted around for yellow items that would travel easily and eventually ended up with:
Pantone Yellow Mug, Tea Towel (used for wrapping the gifts), Maryland Cookies, Mr Kipling Lemon Slices, Wispa Gold Chocolate Bar, Caramel Highlights Sachet, Narcissi Bulbs, Hair Clips, Carmex Lip Salve, Toblerone, Jelly Tots, Tunnocks Tea Cakes, Quavers, Original Source Shower Gel and an Ice Cream-shaped Ice Cream Scoop.
 
Phew!
It sounds like a lot but I just kept finding little things to include and in the end I didn't know what to leave out so I just used it all.
 
Bloggers Summer Swap
 

I wrapped it up and decorated the box with ribbons and bows, making sure to include a little card saying 'hello!'
 
Bloggers Summer Swap
 
Bloggers Summer Swap
 
 
I really enjoyed taking part in the Summer Swap and I think Rhiannon is planning on doing a Winter themed swap later in the year. Might be worth keeping your eyes peeled over on her blog if you fancy taking part!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. You put together an amazing swap package!! And I love that Hannah spotted your bucket list and made your bunting dreams happen.

    I'll have to keep an eye out for the winter swap. It looks like so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! It was fun, although I'm sure I found far too much stuff! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Ah I love the idea of it all being yellow! That is guaranteed to brighten up anyones day, and you presented it so nicely too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Katie! I think yellow is definitely the colour of summer :-) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you liked your package! and the one you sent looks amazing, so much yellow and yummy treats.

    Hannah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I loved your package, it was a great idea! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...