Monday 15 December 2014

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...
 

 
Celebrating - my 32nd birthday in style with a weekend away in London.

Birthday Duck



Travelling - to and from Clapham Junction to stay in our favourite cheap London Travelodge and spend the weekend there seeing shows and visiting attractions.



Marvelling - at the beauty of the Royal Albert Hall. I've never been before and I was very impressed, it's a magnificent building and I really want to go on one of their building tours now.

Royal Albert Hall



Enjoying - two shows, 'Matilda' at the Cambridge Theatre and 'Danny Elfman's Music from the Films of Tim Burton'. Both shows were awesome, I've seen Matilda before and it was just as good as last time and the Danny Elfman show was absolutely fantastic, we even got Danny himself singing songs from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'!

Royal Albert Hall - Danny Elfman's Music from the films of Tim Burton

Matilda the Musical Sign



Sampling - the burgers at Five Guys, thanks to a blogger tip-off that the Islington branch usually had no queue whereas the one in Leicester Square would have a waiting time. Completely correct as well as we just strolled in and order what we wanted (Bacon Cheeseburgers). I know some people think they're just average but me and Andrew are definitely in 'camp delicious', we thought the burgers were darn tasty!

Five Guys Islington



Riding - on many many many buses around London. Having crutches with me meant that I did always manage to get a seat though!


Visiting - HMS Belfast and Churchill's War Rooms (both with our Tesco Clubcard vouchers) and BBC Broadcasting House for their tour of the building (thanks to a tip-off from Jane). I will do proper reviews of them in the New Year.

HMS Belfast

  
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! I think I've heard a few good things about Five Guys and I do love a nice burger so I'll have to try and remember this for next time i'm in London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really pretty in your black dress! I love the Albert Hall, the mushrooms on the ceiling are cool aren't they! I've performed there every two years of my life (pretty much) since I was about 11 and the magic never fades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ceiling is incredible, and I agree with Kezzie that you look super pretty in your party dress :) Sorry for lack of comments and posts recently- life has been rather dramatic of late xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...