Wednesday 17 December 2014

Here Is The News #24


Here is the News



Blogland Brilliance

Cassy's post about writing your own fashion rules is very good, especially the bit about not saving things for 'best'. I'm far too guilty of this, keeping a wardrobe full of dresses which I never get round to wearing.

Samantha's post about the Christmas Frazzle will leave you laughing out loud.

Sarah's post on enmity and empathy is both expertly written and very timely (given what myself and others witnessed during a blogger chat the other week). It was also her birthday last Friday - belated Happy Birthday Sarah!

Blatant bit of shameless publicity, Izzy unwrapped her Blogger Secret Santa present (I've been very good so far and not opened mine) and you can see what I sent her over on her blog.

Amy explained what 'Test It Tuesday' is and it's something we could all do with remembering, especially over the Christmas season.

Jane started one of her '33 before 33' items and already visited 3 bookshops, one of them being Daunt Books which I want to visit one day.



Festive Inspiration

Gemma made some DIY star tree decorations.

Over at Eight and Sixteen, they're on fire this week with a fabulous easy-to-make wreath made from toilet roll tubes, DIY button gift tags and a DIY button bunting necklace.

Erin made some stitched gift tags.

H and Sammy show you how to make Christmas stockings.

Leanne made a snowflake pom pom window display.

I love Emma's wrapped doors!

And for some more round-up posts, Elizabeth has put together all the best bits of Christmas over on Rosalilium and Sally has done the same over on Queenie and the Dew.



Fabulous Foodie Posts

Leah Beth made a delicious hot chocolate using Terry's Chocolate Orange - got to be a winner there!

Clare made an excellent Chocolate Mint Cake, I've not keen on mint but I'd still make this as I know Andrew would love it.

How about Lisa's Mince Pie Tiffin?

And Sophie's most delicious mince pie recipe?



Blogs I've followed this week...

Laura's Haven

Style Yourself Vintage

Twentea Something

A Branch of Holly

Sea Salt & Stitches

And my Blogger Secret Santa partner (whose blog I couldn't follow earlier as it might've given the game away!) - Vintage Beauty xox



What's new with you?
 

2 comments:

  1. Daunts is brilliant! I love browsing in there!
    By the way, thank you for following me on Bloglovin-that was utterly surprising!
    Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louisa, thank you! You know how much I like your Here in the News series so I'm chuffed that you linked to me and that you like my doors! All the very best for 2015 and in the meantime have a lovely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...