Monday 29 July 2013

This Weekend at the Duckpond

We have mostly been...

Visiting - my first ever library camp, an 'unconference' involving lots of sessions about books, social media, libraries and a rhymetime session! If you'd like to know more, I did a brief round up of the day here.

Library Camp SW



Studying - for my degree; if I'm going to attend my second librarian study school in September, I'd better get a move on and finish my last assignment!
(anyone want to write 2500 words for me?)

No picture for this one - the reality of journal articles, screwed up notes and a dent in the table from banging my head in frustration is far too boring to photograph.



Assembling - a present for a couple of our friends who had their second baby a few weeks ago. I think I set the bar far too high when they had their first - I put together a basket called the 'New Baby Survival Kit (for knackered first time parents)'.
So for the second baby, we were a bit stumped. In the end we've gone for a collection of things that'll all be useful, things which are consumable and won't clutter up the house. I know they've probably got everything they need, but hey ho, it's the thought that counts right?

 
 
 
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that gift box! And the 'baby survival kit' sounds cool too :)

    Good luck with finishing the assignment! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - think I need all the help I can get with my essay, it's got to be done by the end of August! :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...