Wednesday 27 March 2013

Why duck? Why a dress?


So what's in a name? Why duck in a dress?
 
Well, I have a penchant for all things feathered and flippered and I've been likened to Jemima Puddleduck on more than one occassion (something to do with making tea and baking cakes...).  Andrew also claims I have a tendency to 'stick my beak into things' - more tactfully described as 'naturally inquisitive'. 
Jemima Puddleduck
Image courtesy of Peter Rabbit.com
And dresses? Well, that's fairly simple, I like buying pretty dresses and I like wearing pretty dresses - even more so if they're decorated with birds, polka dots, flowers or stars.

So when Andrew pointed at me one day and uttered the words "duck in a dress!" a little part of my brain squirreled the phrase away for a time in an alternative future when I might actually be the sort of girl who has her own blog.

So here we are...

 
 

2 comments:

  1. It's a great blog name! I love all the Beatrix Potter characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So do I - I used to spend hours reading the Beatrix Potter tales as a child :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...